Monday, December 20, 2010

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

Though I'm completely aware that a simple phone call likely would have sufficed for this occasion, I really wanted to come up with a special way to ask my nearest and dearest to take part in my wedding. Being a bridesmaid is a big commitment, and my goal was to create something unique and sincere, a preemptive "Thank you for your time and effort!" with some time and effort of my own. And so, after hours toiling away, making change after change to ensure perfection, here is the final product: a lovely tri-fold card incorporating what will be my primary wedding color (Teal) and a handmade envelope to match.


Admittedly, the embossing and belly band were unnecessary additions to the envelope, but I wanted to see how they turned out as this technique could make a reappearance on my invitations.
Though only one is shown, I included a different poem for each card, and also did change the wording to "Maid of Honor" for one. I scoured the internet searching for poem ideas and found a number of great forums and suggestions. After finding a few I liked, I made a few changes to fit my purposes, in some places combining elements of 2-3 separate poems, and these were the three I ended up with (click to enlarge):


In the end, I'm quite happy with the way they turned out, and can't wait to head home so I can deliver them in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment